The Control office for exports, imports and transit (formerly Licensing Office) is a service operating under the authority of the Ministry of the Economy. This office is in charge, among others, of the application of the regime governing to the import, export, intra-Community transfer and transit of certain types of goods whose trade is regulated, i.e.:
- certain strictly civilian goods (such as diamonds)
- dual-use goods (goods with civilian and military uses)
- defense-related products (weapons, ammunition and military equipment)
- goods that could be used to inflict capital punishment or torture or other cruel, inhumane or degrading treatments.
In the context of international trade, the Control office for exports, imports and transit provides, among others:
- the issuance of authorizations for import, export, transit, and intra-Community transfer for:
- dual-use goods
- defense-related products
- certain goods of a strictly civilian nature
- goods likely to be used to inflict capital punishment or torture.
- the application of controls on exports of dual-use goods and products related to defense
- the application of restrictive measures on certain goods (strictly civilian goods, dual-use goods and defense-related products ) due to embargoes enacted by the European Union (EU).
The Control office for exports, imports and transit is responsible among others for issuing authorizations:
- import authorization for defense-related products
- export authorization for defense-related products
- intra-Community transfer authorization for defense-related products
- transit authorization for defense-related products and dual-use goods
- export authorization for dual-use goods
- import/export authorization for goods that could be used to inflict capital punishment or torture
- import authorization for rough diamonds
- export authorization for rough diamonds
- application for a surveillance document for iron and steel products
- export certificate (AGREX) for agri-food products.