Luxembourg offers a broad range of public financial aid and supporting measures to Luxembourg companies:
- Luxinnovation is a key partner for entrepreneurs, start-up creators and investors wishing to start innovative activities in Luxembourg. The agency helps identify relevant financing aid for each company and put companies in contact with private investors.
- The Luxembourg Ducroire Office also offers financial assistance for exports, subject to the company's and goods’ eligibility.
- Luxembourg companies can also obtain aid for the hiring of unemployed persons as well as aid for continuing professional training.
- The Mutual for Loan Guarantees to Merchants (Mutualité de Cautionnement et d’Aide aux Commerçants - MCAC) can facilitate access to bank financing of SMEs by acting as a guarantor to credit institutions for a portion of a requested loan when an entrepreneur's guarantees are not adequate. The MCAC lists various forms of financial aid available.
- The Société Nationale de Crédit et d'Investissement (SNCI) is a public banking establishment. It grants loans for investment and innovation as well as export loans.
- There are also European funding programs available for companies.
In all cases, these are additional measures for the private financing of business activities. The success of the business must never depend uniquely from the award of these public aids.